More Acne Products
More Acne Products
FREE ACNE E-BOOK
Now you can download this 70-page acne e-book for FREE here.
If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if a visitor to our site purchases the product. For more details, please see our Disclosure Policy.
by Darren W.
Retin-A® is a brand of topical preparation based on the generic drug tretinoin. Retin-A® is commonly used to treat acne, pimples, skin discoloration, and skin damage due to over exposure to the sun. It can exfoliate the skin and help reduce wrinkles, fine lines and age spots. This topical gel is also rich in antioxidants and hence it can be effective in battling the external signs of aging.
Retin-A® is reported to increase the production of new and healthy skin cells. It has shown the most innovation in acne fighting treatments, particularly in the field of banishing blackheads and whiteheads, and in preventing future formation of new skin lesions. However, Retin-A® is also prominent in anti-wrinkle preparations as well and considered as one of the best known formulation in the fight against the facial signs of aging.
The 3 major features of Retin-A® are:
1) Easy to use, topical treatment for acne, blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
2) Treatment for the visible signs of aging such as reducing the appearance of laugh lines, crow’s feet and age spots.
3) Topical tretinoin can be used to enhance the effects of Minoxidil in the treatment of hair loss.
Retin-A® is a skin care treatment that requires a doctor’s prescription. Prices might vary depending on the party that sells this product. Guarantee and promos likewise depends on the company that distributes the product.
1) Retin-A’s tretinoin has been the subject of multiple clinical studies. It improves the appearance of the skin (improvement of imperfections, reduced pore size, more even complexion, increased glow) and improves skin texture and tone (smoother and softer).
2) This product is effective against acne and can exfoliate dead skin cells. The most worthy result is scar fading. This product is also proven to be very effective when it comes to fighting blackheads and whiteheads.
3) It contains antioxidants that protect the skin and it is effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Some users reported it helped in reducing age spots as well.
1) There are complaints that it can cause redness, itchiness and other skin irritations and it will not work well on sensitive skin. Retin-A® sometimes takes several weeks before any positive effects or change begins to show. Oftentimes, the skin’s condition may get aggravated before showing some improvements.
2) There are also other side effects about Retin-A®. Many customers claimed that Retin-A® can cause skin discomfort especially when used on sensitive skin. Retin-A® can also cause the skin to be highly sensitive to sunlight. People who are suffering from this temporary condition are advised to use sun block before going out in the sun.
3) The product should not be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. In the case of Retin-A® based wrinkle treatments, results can’t be expected for at least 6 months.
4) Retin-A® is very expensive and provides no money-back guarantees.