More Acne Products
More Acne Products
FREE ACNE E-BOOK
Now you can download this 70-page acne e-book for FREE here.
If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if a visitor to our site purchases the product. For more details, please see our Disclosure Policy.
by Darren W.
It is called "the new secret weapon in the war against pimples". That is what its Zeno’s maker, Tyrell, Inc., claims their electronic medical device is. It uses its revolutionary ClearPoint technology to produce controlled heat to kill the bacteria commonly associated with acne growth.
Zeno™ is a cell phone-sized electronic medical device that transfers heat to a pimple up to 120 degrees. This kills the bacteria and cause heat-shock protein to rush in. These proteins aid in eliminating the bacteria and reduce inflammation in the affected area. The heat is regulated by removable treatment tips that must be replaced regularly.
Zeno™ is made out of aluminum and marketed as something of a magical acne remover. This rechargeable battery driven device is basically used to effectively zap or cauterize one zit at a time.
1) Zeno™ can clear up acne and pimples in just hours. 2½-minute heat treatments spread over a 24-hour period are enough to eliminate most pimples. Most of the time, only a single treatment is needed. Most other acne treatments can take days or even weeks to show results.
2) Zeno™ employs heat to eliminate the source the blemish - the bacteria inside. No harsh formulations, no medications, no greasy lotions, no trips to the dermatologist. Just gentle, cleansing heat that destroys the pimple you have today.
3) Zeno™ is approved by the FDA. Besides some temporary redness in the skin after a treatment, no other negative reactions were described. Furthermore, Zeno™ produces no side effects that are common to most facial and oral medications.
4) Compact and lightweight for on-the-go instant acne and pimple treatment.
In spite of the ease and convenience it offers its user to remove zits, Zeno™ also has some downsides of its own.
1) Owing to issues of safety and the way it is constructed, Zeno™ can only be limited to three uses every 15 minutes.
2) As per written in its user’s guide, Zeno™ will not work against whiteheads, blackheads, nodular acne, scars and major skin blemishes. Some people report that the device only works on minor blemishes. The heat coming from the treatment tip can be felt and may cause discomfort to some users. People with sensitive skin may feel a painful burning sensation.
3) The replaceable treatment tip that is used to burn the pimples will only work for 90 cycles and costs $35 per replacement, which can cause quite a dent in your wallet.
4) After spending $200 to buy the unit which, some users say it is very exorbitant for this sort of treatment, you’ll need to cough up $35 every time you need to replace the treatment tip. Each tip can only be fired up for about 90 times. Under the current economic crunch, that is not a good way to save cash during this time of recession.
Zeno™ can be bought direct from the company website. Zeno™ comes with a tag price ranging from $39.99 for a Zeno™ Hot Spot up to $159 for the top-of-the-line Zeno™ PRO. You can find good price from some online stores. The lowest price we found online is $34.99 for Zeno™ Hot Spot and $120.34 for Zeno™ RPO.
Replacement tips prices depend on their cycle count. The higher the count, the more times you can use your device before replacing the heating tips. 60-count costs $25; 90-count, $35; 150-count, $55; Mini 45-count, $18.99.
The company offers a 30-day money back guarantee and free shipping.